Coronavirus/COVID 19 Updated 18.3.2020
If you need dental treatment please read the following:
In line with best international practice the surgery is closed for all appointments other than acute dental emergencies until further notice. In the case of an acute dental emergency please phone us on 021 4866583 and leave your name and phone number, please speak slowly & clearly and we will contact you as soon as we can.
What is an acute dental emergency?
- Trauma (accident)
- Pain that keeps you awake or wakes you up, pain that lingers for more than half an hour after something hot or pain on biting that prevents you from eating.
- Bleeding which does not stop following a dental procedure.
If you are not sure whether your emergency is considered to be acute please phone us on 021 4866583 for advice.
We are currently very limited in the treatments that we can provide.
We have been advised not to use our drills because they create an aerosol which can spread the virus to anybody in the vicinity and contaminate the surrounding surfaces.
If you have an acute emergency please contact us before 10am.
For the safety of all our patients and staff, the following is our emergency protocol:
- We will give you an appointment time- we need you to be on time – not early or late.
- There will be no walk in appointments. All appointments have to prebooked.
- You must not attend if you have a cold/cough/fever or if you have been advised to quarantine/self isolate.
- We will take your temperature – if it is high – we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you refuse to have your temperature checked – we will have to postpone your appointment.
- Please come alone unless you need a helper.
- Children who are being treated should only have 1 adult accompanying them. No siblings will be allowed.
Due to the uncertainty of the situation we are currently not rebooking any treatment or routine appointments. When the situation becomes clearer we will be in contact with patients who have had their appointments cancelled.