We aim to help children have happy healthy mouths. Children need a caring and gently approach to dentistry so they have a positive approach to their dentistry for life. Children who are not afraid of the dentist, become adults who do not avoid dental care.
- Preventative advice to parents and children to prevent oral problems.
- Dental treatment to restore and maintain children’s teeth including fissure sealants, topical fluoride treatment and fillings.
When should I first bring my child to the dentist?
Ideally around two years of age. It is unlikely that there will be problems but it introduces the child to dentistry in a relaxed & calm manner. Preventative advice is given that can prevent problems later on.
How do I get my child to clean their teeth?
Ultimately it it the parents role to supervise brushing until your child is 8 years old. Get into the habit of brushing after breakfast & last thing at night.Even if you have teenagers it is worth monitoring their cleaning with the occasional reminder ’brush your teeth’ may not go amiss.
What about diet tips?
- Children should have a balanced diet with three meals per day.
- Treats should be eaten immediately after a meal.
- Avoid snacking between meals.
- Avoid juices, sugary drinks & never drink these between meals.
- Milk & water are best.
Hazelwood Dental Practice,
Tel: 021 4866583
Fax: 021 4866583
Mon: 8.00am - 7.30pm
Tues: 8.00am -7.30pm
Wed & Thu: 8.00am - 6pm
Fri: 8.00am -6pm
Sat: By appointment only
Our early mornings from 8am and late evenings to 7.30pm are by appointment only. This is to accommodate our patients with busy schedules.